About Me

My photo
Disciple of Christ. Husband of a beautiful wife. Father of 3 beautiful girls. Seminary graduate desiring to pastor on the west coast or where ever God leads in the near future. Football/MMA Enthusiast. Theologically I unashamedly proclaim the gospel that is exclusive to the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ received by grace alone through faith alone. I abhor any teaching other than this gospel as Paul said, "if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed." My desire in my life and ministry is that I exalt Christ and stay true to the text of Scripture. Grace and Peace, Soli Deo Gloria.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

a good shepherd or a hired hand?

I have been reading through the gospel of John recently preparing my heart for the next stage in our families ministry as a pastor. I was told by a pastor friend of mine that John speaks much of Jesus as a shepherd as well as his practical shepherding. John 10 was so profound in preparing my heart for future pastoral ministry.

"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. He who is a hired hand and not a shepherd, who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees, and the wolf snatches them and scatters them. He flees because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep." John 10:11-13

What a contrast between the good shepherd who is willing to lay down his life and be mauled by the wolves to protect his sheep, and the hired hand who cares nothing for the sheep and when the wolves come he leaves and allows the sheep to be scatted and slaughtered. For those of you who have godly pastors who love and care for you in their ministry you should be thanking God for these men and lifting them up in prayer regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment