About Me

My photo
Disciple of Christ. Husband of a beautiful wife. Father of 3 beautiful girls. Seminary graduate desiring to pastor on the west coast or where ever God leads in the near future. Football/MMA Enthusiast. Theologically I unashamedly proclaim the gospel that is exclusive to the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ received by grace alone through faith alone. I abhor any teaching other than this gospel as Paul said, "if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed." My desire in my life and ministry is that I exalt Christ and stay true to the text of Scripture. Grace and Peace, Soli Deo Gloria.

Friday, May 6, 2011

What is Your Favorite Bible Verse?

I was asked by a coworker today this question, "What is your favorite bible verse?" My initial reaction was to give him a verse that has been a staple in my spiritual growth, a so-called life verse if you will. So I told him Psalm 37:4, "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart."

As I began to think about that question throughout the rest of my shift and even tonight, I was struck with how frivolous an answer I really gave to him. To pick one short statement out of the entirety of God-breathed, infallible Scripture is almost unthinkable. The right answer may be as obvious and simple as a child's answer when you ask them what they learned in Sunday School...they say about Jesus. The entirety of Scripture is equally important as it lays out the framework of redemptive history from the fall of man into a depravity of sin, the promise of a coming Messiah, the Messiah's substitutionary death and resurrection to pay the penalty of our sin debt and give the hope of our future resurrection, culminating in the exaltation of Christ for all eternity where we will not just have paradise, but have sweet communion with our God and Savior Jesus Christ for all eternity.

What is your favorite bible verse?  All of it!

Soli Deo Gloria

No comments:

Post a Comment