About Me

My photo
Disciple of Christ. Husband of a beautiful wife. Father of 3 beautiful girls. Seminary graduate desiring to pastor on the west coast or where ever God leads in the near future. Football/MMA Enthusiast. Theologically I unashamedly proclaim the gospel that is exclusive to the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ received by grace alone through faith alone. I abhor any teaching other than this gospel as Paul said, "if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed." My desire in my life and ministry is that I exalt Christ and stay true to the text of Scripture. Grace and Peace, Soli Deo Gloria.

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Is Your Heart Confident in God?

Psalm 57 is a Psalm written of David that according to the prescription was written when he fled from Saul and hid in the cave, probably referring to 1 Samuel 22 or 24. The Psalm begins with David crying out for mercy, that God what protect him. (vs. 1-2). He then moves into confidence knowing that God in fact will come down from Heaven and not only rescue him, but disgrace his enemies (v. 3). I love the fact that David cry's out to God, not neglecting prayer and still expecting something to happen, but longs for God's mercy, and knows that God will hear him and take action.

David then gives some poetic ways of describing his circumstances (vs. 4-6) by stating he's surrounded by fierce lions who desire to devour him, that his enemies have set a trap to ensnare him, but ends with although they have dug the pit for him, it is they who have fallen into the trap.

What would your response be in a life threatening situation such as David's? Better yet, what would your response be in a trivial difficulty in comparison? Would it be to complain? Murmur? Point the finger at God? What is David's response? Unashamed praise to God! Psalm 57:7-11 (NLT):


7    My heart is confident in you, O God; 
my heart is confident. 
No wonder I can sing your praises! 
Wake up, my heart! 
Wake up, O lyre and harp! 
I will wake the dawn with my song. 
I will thank you, Lord, among all the people. 
I will sing your praises among the nations. 
10  For your unfailing love is as high as the heavens. 
Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds. 
11    Be exalted, O God, above the highest heavens. 
May your glory shine over all the earth.

Is your heart confident in God today?

Soli Deo Gloria

No comments:

Post a Comment